How do you "Tweet"?

Ok, not really. 

I do know how to tweet, unlike my dad.

But that's a story for another day.

Twitter seems to be a fantastic tool that acts as a virtual public forum.  So long as you don't say anything too crazy. 

Therein lies my biggest problem with Twitter.  The politics of the platform and how you can see the absolute worst of people.  But, that shouldn't take away from the power of the platform.  

I've been using Twitter a bit more for social media engagement as well as promoting my podcast and engaging with its audience.  It's been pretty fun so far.  I also follow several community leaders and developers for a multiplayer game I play, called Destiny 2.  The communities are great and pretty fun to follow and chat with given I love the content of both.  One being Si-Fi and the other being agriculture/podcasting.  What's not to love?

The more I try to look at the good of Twitter, the more I see the good.  

"Well, yeah Captain Obvious" is what you're probably saying.  And for that, I have two points.

1. I still see some of the bad on Twitter, but have been scrolling past it more and not "doom scrolling" like I did in the past.  This makes the experience much easier and much, much more enjoyable.

2. It's "General Sarcastic" if you don't mind.


I'll continue using Twitter, especially as I continue with this class, and learn new ways I can build a learning community on the platform.

Should be fun!  Maybe even Elon Musk can join in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are we all digital natives?

The Ice Bucket Challange

Technology is getting scary good.