Jive with the Hive

 "Hive Mind" is something I usually hear in science fiction movies or even video games. It took me a second to realize I'm actually part of a hive mind currently. And guess what, you are too! But we all know it better as the internet. 

I guess you could even say that the internet did in fact start out as a Hive Mind as it was originally created for the sharing of research at different universities. It's transformed to include social media and blogs that allow anyone with a stable internet connection to share their lives, knowledge, view points, and more. This has developed a sort of Hive Mind where we can all "plug in" and learn from the collective. 

And as weird as that might sound, I think it's a wonderful thing. When you focus on the positive, you can really see the benefits of sharing information in the volume we are now. Makes you wonder what strides we can make within society over the next 50 years. 

Gotta keep on jiving with the hive!

Comments

  1. I agree with the benefits of sharing information and think that it's wonderful we have so much at our fingertips. I truly try to stay positive, but I tend to error on the side of caution and double check information before I use it as a fact.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we all digital natives?

The Ice Bucket Challange

Technology is getting scary good.