You get a badge, YOU get a badge, EVERYONE GETS A BADGE!

Sadly, I never joined Boy Scouts when I was younger so I never really got a chance to earn all those cool badges.  However, now it seems like badges are becoming a new norm in terms of showing your online activity.  So maybe there is still a chance!

One of my favorite websites, the Art of Manliness, has a program called the Strenuous Life.  The program os designed to help you get out of your comfort zone.  The program even comes with, you guessed it, badges that you can collect and display!  So it's sort of like a Men's Scout program.  How cool to be able to show off some cool achievements like community service, building a fire without a match or lighter, uncovering your family heritage, and a lot more.

I've even noticed that badges are becoming a norm with various learning management systems (LMS).  My current company has adopted an LMS to keep track of our learning material for our software users.  The LMS not only offers certificates for each course completion but also allows us to create badges that show progress.  We can set these up to show off courses completed, efficiency, job titles, etc.  

Tools like badges, something so simple and nothing new, are certainly being up-cycled within our current technology.  Maybe modern-day Pokemon cards will be next?

You never know!

Comments

  1. I clicked on your blog because my son's initials are TW. I like your positive attitude towards badges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we all digital natives?

The Ice Bucket Challange

Technology is getting scary good.